Online Medical Coding Software
In the early time, medical coders entered the medical code details into paper forms, and then they send those codes to the medical billing and coding practice or organization. Now, most medical coding professions use various types of online medical coding software programs by considering a high accuracy for the coding and to speed up the medical coding process.
Online medical coding software programs have fields where coders can enter the correct procedure and diagnosis codes. These online medical coding software programs may come with look-up tools that help coders find the correct code, but coders should always use their coding manuals to get the last word on which codes to use.
Here I mention about 5 best medical coding software, their features, the benefits of each software, and so on. If you find suitable online medical coding software for your practice, I’m sure that this article will be a good reference for you.
CodeLink Online medical coding software
Mainly, CodeLink Online medical coding software generates CPT and ICD code information to minimize contradictions and assist claim submission. CodeLink Online medical coding software can name as the number 1 popular coding solution for medium to large coding shops according to its instinctive user interface and licensing model.
When designed CodeLink online medical coding software, designers mainly focus on two points which are the familiarity of the software to users and how can the coding work speed up by using CodeLink.
What’s more, CodeLink online medical coding software has a specialty than other medical coding software which is, CodeLink Online is authorized only for concurrent users, not for named users. This can be an advantage for medium to large practices which have casual users and multiple shifts.
Here are some features of CodeLink’s online medical coding software.
- Completely Cloud-Based software – no need for installations and updates. Users can access their accounts and do the work.
- Has a wide range of codes search.
- Have more than 25 special libraries.
- Fast and accurate bill editing.
- Extensive code information.
- Comprehensive indexes – can browse all-inclusive indexes for every type of code.
- Convenient billing features – easily and efficiently create bills and coding summaries.
- Helpful code information displays like pop-up messages and symbols.
- Provide information and reminders with flexible code notation capabilities.
CodeLink Online always guides medical coders with appropriate changes based on the newest agreements required.
SpeedEcoder online medical coding software is also a most useful and powerful software that is used by a lot of medical coders. SpeedECoder consists of standard coding manuals including ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS.
Additionally, SpeedECoder online medical coding software has a spell check tool named ‘SpeedESpeller’ which includes all the relevant medical coding terms that an average spell check would miss. And also ‘SpeedESpeller’ work as an interactive search term suggestion tool.
An interesting factor of SpeedECoder online medical coding software is that its pricing is different for each organization. It means pricing for SpeedECoder is depend on whether is it an office, school or enterprise.
For example, the office version of SpeedEcoder is nearly $200 per user, per year, and students who are currently enrolled in medical coding and billing programs have to pay nearly $100 per year.
It’s not hard for starters of SpeedECoder because it offers a free 14-day trial and online training with each package.
SpeedECoder online medical coding software is beneficial and helps various ways for medical coding professionals, medical care providers, medical coding students, and also for software developers.
Declaring the necessary online medical coding software can be difficult for businesses. But it won’t be a problem anymore if medical coders start to work with SpeedECoder. SpeedECoder online medical coding software has been the selection of more than 15,000 users who works in medical coding.
According to the features of SpeedECoder, it is an affordable medical coding software.
EncoderPro online medical coding software is a flexible tool for all types of medical coders. EncoderPro online medical coding software offers a 30-day free trial to get familiar with the software.
It offers three different levels of software,
- EncoderPro Online is an online ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS Level II coding application that cost $299 per year.
- EncoderPro Professional Online consists of ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS Level II codes. This includes commercial payment and coding information. The cost of this software is $549 per year.
- EncoderPro Expert Online consists of ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS Level II codes. Also includes editing tools that increase accuracy while helping to maintain adherence. This software cost $999 per year.
Medical coders can work fast working with EncoderPro.com. EncoderPro.com offers a wide range of services, searching capabilities of more than 20 medical procedures, diagnosis references and more.
Key features and benefits of this online medical coding software:
- Powerful code logic search engine technology – can search the keywords across code sets concurrently using four terms.
- ICD–10-CM and PCS – Include mapping content from ICD9 v1, v2, and v3 codes to ICD10-CM and PCS codes using the General Equivalency Mappings and Optum’s MapSelect clinical mapping content. Also includes ICD-10-CM and PCS searching and Optum tabular content.
- Colour-coded edits – minimize the research time and increase coding accuracy
- Users can take down notes – by taking down notes, coders can easily identify the codes which need more details.
- Provide a Notepad – coders can use notepad for store codes that most recently used.
- Have a reference book including more than 15 code details.
AdvancedMD medical coding software is simple and user-friendly software. Medical coders can search codes electronically by using keywords, acronyms, numbers or using abbreviations by using AdvancedMD. And the best feature of AdvancedMD is that medical coders can even search by using misspelt words.
Medical coders won’t face any trouble when using AdvancedMD because this software includes a detailed description of every medical code. So medical coders can select the correct code before including it in a medical claim.
Because of the simplicity of digital search tools AdvancedMD, medical coders don’t need to spend time referring to manual books or pdfs of codebooks.
AdvancedMD has a well-categorised coding format according to, procedure, specialty, diagnosis, and number. So coders can easily find relevant codes that are needed and do the process quickly without wasting time to select the best match code for a claim.
AdvancedMD has a feature called save-and-store which allows medical coders to create a list of commonly used codes. Because of the help of this feature, medical coders can access the codes quickly by using a shortlist.
This feature helps to speed up the coding process, quickly submission of claims for payers, improve collection rates, and shortening the revenue cycle.
SuperCoder online medical coding software is one of the most affordable and good selections for online medical coding.it provides online medical coding and compliance tools, data documents and custom training. SuperCoder online medical coding software has medical tools like CPT and ICD-9 coding tools and also reference services for an affordable cost which start at just $14.50.
SuperCoder online medical coding software has illustrated guides for medical coders, specialty libraries, and fee scheduling tools.
“SuperScrubber” tool of SuperCoder online medical coding software is a great tool because it maximizing reimbursement and reduce the insurance denials occurrence.
Multiple benefits can have by working with this online medical coding software.
- Medical coders can easily track medical claims and call up old reports and check the efficiency and errors.
- By using medical coding software, coders can track down very old claims and can perform management evaluations.
- Lots of medical coding software help coders track the lag time for codes.
- Allow speed turnaround in the reimbursement cycle and better organization.
- Check automatically on compatible codes. This helps the coder very much because otherwise, he has to double-check on his own by using coding manuals.
A good medical coding software program should reach out to the necessities of a medical practice or coding organization. Medical Coding software must cooperate with CMS-1500 forms and all HIPAA regulations. If I take a simple explanation, CMS-1500 is the general way used to send claims to third-party payers. HIPAA is a law that consists of a set of standards for electronic billing and coding.
Unless medical coders start their own coding business, most medical coders won’t have the chance to select the software they use. Normally, a medical coder must have five to ten years of professional experience in selecting the medical coding software on their own.
Making the Move to Online Medical Coding Software
Now, most organizations in the medical coding industry are interested in online medical coding software rather than pc-installed software. Medical Coders can have multiple advantages by using online medical coding software. They can work multiple workstations simultaneously and can work from remote locations by using online medical coding software.
Medical coders can work efficiently by using online medical coding software because they don’t need to update the software. When it comes to the PC-installed software, there can have some real issues like installation problems and the high cost of the software.
Generally, there is no “best” medical coding software that will match every medical coder’s requirements. So medical coders have to work with a different kind of medical coding software to select the best match for their requirements.
What are the main 3 categories of medical coding systems?
There are three sets of code used by a medical coder.
- ICD coding set.
- CPT which means Current Procedure Terminology. They used to document the majority of the medical procedures performed in a physician’s office.
Will computer-assisted coding replace coders?
The exact answer to this question is No. According to ICD-10-CM coding guidelines, using computer-assisted coders instead of human medical coders is wrong.
How much do entry-level medical coders make?
The average income for an entry-level medical coder is $43,900 per year according to over 1,800 reported salaries. Generally, this cost is higher than the average income of other professions.