The medical billing and coding field is a lucrative and fast-rising field that is supportive of the health care practice services. Medical billing and coding specialists will work beside doctors and nursing staff to assure that the correct codes are assigned to the diagnosis and treatment records of patients in medical offices or other health care facilities. Good medical billing and coding training in Nebraska will assure that you are well equipped to take your place in this medical support field.
The environment is fast-paced and exciting, and the work is interesting. The best employment positions will be awarded to those whose training is the best. The best pay will of course go to those who have proven themselves well educated and able to offer precise detail-oriented work in this type of environment.
A good educational background is imperative for the medical coding professional. Your responsibilities will be the correct diagnostic codes to keep your clients charts correct and assure that they are billed only for procedures that they have undergone. Excellent computer skills are in order because a great deal of your job will be correct data entry into patient records and charts.
The Nebraska medical billing and coding specialist can expect to receive compensation of about $35,750 per year, although this will vary dependent upon where you are employed, as well as the area that you work in. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Financial Aid Information
In most cases, financial aid is available for Nebraska medical billing and coding training. Qualifications vary, but your application will be done through the state of Nebraska. You will be able to fill out your paperwork for financial aid for Nebraska medical billing and coding training when you apply to the school of your choice.
Interested in exploring correspondence or online medical billing school options?
Nebraska Medical Billing and Coding Schools Enrolling Now
IBMC College offers life-changing, accelerated career training for adult learners. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, starting a new career or an individual looking to make a change, we can help you get started training for a new, rewarding career in 19 months or less!
Why IBMC College
- Flexible class schedules – Our classes run day and evening at nearby campuses, allowing you to balance the demands of a family, job or other life responsibilities – while obtaining an education on your terms.
- Hands-on learning – You learn by doing. We focus on providing you with one-on-one instruction from experienced instructors, who work with you directly to develop your skills.
- Externship experience – Our students complete an externship within their specific program of study, providing them with valuable, real world experience.
- Job placement assistance – Job placement assistance, resume writing and professional development support is provided – giving you an edge in today’s competitive job market.
- Financial aid- Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Career Training Programs
- Business Administration & Accounting
- Computer Support Specialist
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
Accreditations & Memberships
IBMC College is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools.
We are proud to support our country’s veterans. As a Yellow Ribbon Participant and recipient of the 2014 Military Friendly School® by Victory Media, Inc., providing life-changing career training is our commitment to both our civilian and military students.
Programs vary by campus.