Colorado Medical Billing and Coding Schools
What do medical billing and coding specialists do? How much money can they expect to make in Colorado? It’s an important job, and there is always a great need for coders who are well trained. Trained individuals can expect to find good jobs. Medical billing and coding specialists are investigators who hunt down a patient’s diagnostic, based on symptoms, procedures, and signs. Basically, once they know a patient’s symptoms, they hunt down the code and bill the patient or his insurance.
It might take two years to be a proficient coder, and coders often have an Associate Degree. Some schools offer diploma programs.
A typical coder starts reading the charts of a particular patient and begins to code. He may use some paper charts, but much of his work would be done online, on a computer. Some coders are assigned to work on impatient cases, others, outpatient surgery, others ER. Coders are cross trained, so a coder can work on all types of cases.
Coders need computer skills. Because computers are updated regularly, they need to be able to learn new programs. They must be very detail oriented. If they have experience following federal guidelines, that is helpful. Those who have studied math, typing, bookkeeping, and have taken computer and office courses in high school might be well suited. Those courses will, of course have not taught one everything. You will need to learn medical terminology, coding, and other things related to the job.
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Salary Outlook in Colorado
A medical billing and coding specialist in Colorado might expect to make a median salary of $27,000, while some might expect to earn up to $40,000. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
If you need financial aid, you will fill out a FAFSA for the government. Ask the financial aid officer questions. You will then be able to learn what kind of aid the government will provide. It is not a complicated process.
Interested in exploring correspondence or online medical billing school options?
Colorado Medical Billing and Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Students of CollegeAmerica enjoy:
- Monthly starts that allow students to start fast and finish fast
- A new laptop computer to use in school and keep upon graduation
- Financial aid, grants and scholarships available to those who qualify
- Employment assistance for graduates
- Convenient day, evening and online classes
- Personal attention from enrollment to graduation and beyond
IBMC College offers life-changing, accelerated career training for adult learners. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, starting a new career or an individual looking to make a change, we can help you get started training for a new, rewarding career in 19 months or less!
Why IBMC College
- Flexible class schedules – Our classes run day and evening at nearby campuses, allowing you to balance the demands of a family, job or other life responsibilities – while obtaining an education on your terms.
- Hands-on learning – You learn by doing. We focus on providing you with one-on-one instruction from experienced instructors, who work with you directly to develop your skills.
- Externship experience – Our students complete an externship within their specific program of study, providing them with valuable, real world experience.
- Job placement assistance – Job placement assistance, resume writing and professional development support is provided – giving you an edge in today’s competitive job market.
- Financial aid- Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Career Training Programs
- Business Administration & Accounting
- Computer Support Specialist
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
Accreditations & Memberships
IBMC College is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools.
We are proud to support our country’s veterans. As a Yellow Ribbon Participant and recipient of the 2014 Military Friendly School® by Victory Media, Inc., providing life-changing career training is our commitment to both our civilian and military students.
Programs vary by campus.
IntelliTec Colleges offers training in allied health care, business, and technology, leading to a Professional Certificate or an Associate of Occupational Studies degree.
National American University
National American University is about personal development and community. When you choose to attend NAU, you don’t just join a group of diverse students and faculty; you join a group of people from all walks of life sharing a unique experience.
Our staff is devoted to helping you balance your education with your personal and professional obligations – it’s our commitment. Through flexible class scheduling, dedicated career advisors and quality programs, NAU strives to provide a caring and supportive learning environment to ensure your success as a student.