There are many opportunities out there for a rewarding new career. Choosing the right one for you can be a challenge. Medical billing and coding is a great way to be part of the medical field without having to go to school for years. Medical billing and coding can be the heartbeat of any healthcare facility. The object of the medical billing and coding specialist is to handle the insurance companies, Medicaid and Medicare. Medical billing and coding specialist’s job descriptions include billing out to the insurance companies and the patients for medical services rendered. It is also the job of the medical biller to follow up on delinquent accounts.
If you choose the career of medical billing and coding, you have the option to work in hospitals, doctor’s offices, medical insurance companies, as a medical record coder, as a coding technician, as a medical coder and work in other healthcare facilities as well. You may also start your own billing and coding business from home. These are just a few types of employment that medical billing and coding training can prepare you for. Depending on the training and qualifications, a Floridian medical billing and coding specialist typically earns anywhere from $25,000 to $34,000, but annual pay can go as high as $55,800. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Interested in exploring correspondence or online medical billing school options?
Medical Billing and Coding Schools in or near Orlando
Florida Career College
Florida Career College’s mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements.
- Create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals.
- Generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods.
- Maintain a qualified, caring faculty and staff dedicated to the personal and professional development of each student.
- Remain at the forefront of education by supporting continuing education and training for graduates, faculty, and staff.
- Instill a quality philosophy in students, staff, and faculty to continually exceed expectations.
- Prepare and encourage students to pursue life-long learning.
At Florida Career College, we firmly believe that good training is the primary factor in achieving personal success.
Southern Technical College
Whether you need to upgrade your skills or change careers, we have the right program to fit your needs. Let us show you how to get the skills you need in a short amount of time so that you can get into your career today! At STC we offer hands-on clinical training, career placement assistance and morning or evening schedules.
Florida Technical College
Florida Technical College programs are exciting and dynamic, evolving over the years to meet the needs of students and the job marketplace. FTC students receive the new iPad with e-books instead of textbooks, which allows FTC students to tackle coursework anywhere, at anytime.
Becoming a medical billing and coding specialist can lead to endless career opportunities. The world is at your fingertips. Do an online search and find out which college is right for you. You can contact the colleges and find out what their tuition is and find out what they offer in terms of financial aide. This will help you narrow the schools in Orlando before you go and visit them. Good luck on your journey to a new career.