U. S. Department of Labor expects a 21% increase in medical billing and coding careers over the next decade. They predict the rate will remain the same in hospitals, but physicians’ offices will see a large increase. The have also stated that a high job growth will be in non-hospital environments. Certified Coders can expect to be paid more on average than non-certified coders. The average annual wage for a certified coder in Nevada is approximately $33,750. Meanwhile the bottom 25% of coders earn around $21,000. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Las Vegas has jobs available for medical billers and coders at this time. Try a job search engine or a local newspaper. There are also positions available for freelancers who can perform medical billing and coding remotely. This is also becoming a hot topic for those who deal in the heath care profession as coders and billers.
Interested in exploring correspondence or online medical billing school options?
Medical Billing Schools in or near Las Vegas
Everest College offers you hands-on career education in some of America’s most established career fields. Benefits include:
- Programs that can be completed in as little as one year (when progressing at a normal rate), allowing you to get the training you need and into the work force as quickly as possible.
- Courses taught by instructors who are former industry professionals eager to provide you with practical insights into the subjects they teach.
- Flexible schedules designed to meet the needs of working adults and support systems designed to help you succeed both inside and outside the classroom.
- Career Services professionals who can help you find post-graduation employment opportunities in your area-a service you can access throughout your career.
- Everest is dedicated to your success today-and tomorrow!