Do you tire of worrying whether your job will be outsourced or downsized? Has the recession shaken your sense of job security and stability? Have you pondered making a career change one day? Today could be the day to investigate the opportunities that are available to you in the medical field. All medical jobs do not involve patient contact; some of the most critical jobs in healthcare deal with documentation and medical records. The U.S. Labor Department declared that shortages are present in the medical billing and coding industry. In tough times like these, there are jobs available with great pay. Why are these vacancies not filled? There are simply not enough qualified people in the medical billing and coding field. Doctors value skilled medical billers and coders greatly. It is critical that you be detailed and thorough. Accuracy is a top priority in this profession. Do you enjoy the challenge of getting it right? The medical billers and coders that take pride in getting it right are compensated nicely. Medical billers and coders are investigators of medical records. They dig through the patient’s medical file and discover the exact procedures that were performed on the patient. Once they figure this out, they input data into a sophisticated computer system that generates medical billing statements. Medical documentation becomes more complex constantly; professionals that are trained and certified are in demand.
Medical Biller and Coder Salary Outlook
Entry level medical billing and coding jobs pay around $32,000-$34,000. As you gain more experience, your salary will increase. Some medical billing and coding consultants earn in excess of $50,000. The sky is the limit. There are advancement opportunities in this profession. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.) Interested in exploring correspondence or online medical billing school options?
Medical Billing Schools in or near Atlanta
Miller-Motte Technical College
You’ve made the decision to get more education. Find the setting that’s right for you!
At Miller-Motte, we focus on offering the latest courses, and we care about the personal success of each and every one of our students. Because the marketplace demands it, we offer degrees and diplomas leading to long-term sustainable careers for our grads.
Whether preparing to enter the professional world or expanding your skills, education should be available wherever, whenever. With Miller-Motte you can rely on challenging programs, interesting curriculum, and a friendly educational environment.
- Electronic Medical Records - Associate of Applied Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
Everest College offers you hands-on career education in some of America’s most established career fields. Benefits include:
- Programs that can be completed in as little as one year (when progressing at a normal rate), allowing you to get the training you need and into the work force as quickly as possible.
- Courses taught by instructors who are former industry professionals eager to provide you with practical insights into the subjects they teach.
- Flexible schedules designed to meet the needs of working adults and support systems designed to help you succeed both inside and outside the classroom.
- Career Services professionals who can help you find post-graduation employment opportunities in your area-a service you can access throughout your career.
- Everest is dedicated to your success today-and tomorrow!
- GA - Atlanta
- Medical General